May 2011 strangers became a team with a purpose, to serve God and his purposes. He crossed our paths with 23 children living in a storage being looked after by a couple begging for food to keep them all alive. The storage unit smelled of mold and urine. We had to act. Upon our return, we started a 501c3 called LIFEstone International. Since then, God through LIFEstone has moved the children into a home, provided them with food, medical, education, and vocational training. But we want more than just basic needs met for these children.
You are invited to be a part of what God is doing in Haiti through LIFEstone International.
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure
and faultless is this: to look after
orphans . . . in their distress . . . ” James 1:27
Be a part of what God considers pure and faultless faith.
Our kids are receiving food, shelter, medical attention, education, and even vocational training. They are missing individual relationship. As we visit and serve, our teams love on the children as much as we can, but communication ends there. We want to change that. We want these children to be known. We want them to be prayed for and loved.
This is a relationship focused partnership facilitated through LIFEstone International where we ask our sponsor families to commit to the following:
1. Pray: We want you to pray for your child and commit to praying for your child! Jesus taught us how to pray and he often prayed for those on His heart (John 17). Paul and the apostles were devoted to prayer. And be a part of what God is doing through prayer.
- Matthew 6:5-13 “…Your kingdom come! Your will be done! On earth as it is in heaven. Give them today their daily bread…”
- Matthew 21:22 “Whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
- Acts 1:14 “[The disciples] were devoting themselves to prayer…”
- 2 Corinthians 1:11 “You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.”
2. Write: We want the children to be known, loved, and encouraged. Our team is small and cannot reach every child well. Be a part of a child’s life through communication. It’s as easy as an email. We can take letters, but sending letters and/or packages through the mail could easily get lost. The children will be able to correspond through email and will be able to send written letters (and pictures) back through our teams and our visits.
- Paul’s letter to the Philippians was written to:
- 1. Encourage the people in their faith
- 2. Explain what spiritual progress looks like
- 3. Assure them that they can be confident that God will not leave them alone to make their way through the world the best they can
- “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up . . .”-1 Thes 5:11
- “And we urge you . . . encourage the fainthearted . . .”-1 Thes 5:14
3. Give: We want your heart. We want you to have a heart for our kids. God knows exactly how giving affects your heart. He made it that way intentionally. We are not setting an amount to give in order to allow God room to move in your life. Whatever He wants you to give, please give. We do ask that it is a monthly donation to keep your heart. This can easily be arranged through the link below.
- Acts 20:35 “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the works of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
- Matthew 6:21 “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
How to enroll:
- Choose a child to sponsor.
- Sign up to be a monthly partner and leave the name of your chosen child in the comment section.**Be sure to include your proper contact information**
- Further instructions about how to write your child will follow in your email!